Title: City Manager
Overview: The Passport Program offers 2-for-1 drink specials at the best bars in town, all summer long. It’s a tangible, well-designed booklet that serves as a field guide to exploring the food and beverage scene. Started in Denver in 2013, it was created with the intention of getting people out exploring and trying new places.
Since its inception, The Passport Program has expanded into multiple cities around the U.S. to include the following: Seattle, WA; Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; Nashville, TN; Brooklyn, NY; Kansas City, MO; and Washington, DC.
Description: The City Manager role with The Passport Program is an extremely exciting gig! You will be creating a Passport, from start to finish, in your city. You will recruit venues for The Passport Program, and serve as the point of contact for both email communications and delivering materials. You will also work with the guidance of The Passport Program HQ to establish partnerships in the communities that The Passport Program serves. This role requires someone who is well-organized, personable, and passionate about the project. It also requires that you love the food and beverage industry!
Hours: The hours for this position will vary depending on the individual. Our goal for you is 10-15 hours a week, with the understanding that some weeks will require more time than others. In a nutshell: whatever it takes to get the job done!
There are many parts to the City Manager position. We’ll start you off with some training and our Blueprint (a breakdown of weekly tasks and tips) on how to make The Passport Program successful in your city. You’ll have a weekly phone call with HQ that should last around 30 minutes. Your job will be broken in three main categories, but across the board you’ll work with HQ to track information and stick to the Blueprint, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Above all else, be a champion of The Passport Program!
Venue Recruitment and Logistics - 75%
- Become familiar with local food and beverage blogs and magazines, and review them frequently
- Research bars and restaurants (yes, that means go check them out!)
- Recruit venues that fit The Passport Program’s criteria
- Deliver materials to venues, including stamps, posters, and more
- Check in with venues during The Passport Program, and provide excellent customer service to the venues
Marketing and Sales Support - 15%
- Recruit retail outlets to sell Passports
- Work with The Passport Program HQ to execute launch and closing parties
- Help promote The Passport Program at in-person events and through other avenues
- Facilitate marketing partnerships
Other - 10%
- Execute ad hoc tasks as necessary
- Help create sponsorship and community partnership leads
- Advise us on your city! We’re hiring you because you know your town, so tell us what works locally and what doesn’t.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You're an excellent communicator. You excel when it comes to both written and verbal communications.
- You consider yourself an influencer. You have a strong social footprint, and it's not often you walk into a restaurant or bar without knowing someone.
- You're passionate about the food and beverage industry. You're aware of the latest openings, and your friends rely on you when it comes to eating and drinking recommendations.
- You're a self-motivated, go-getter! Cold calls? No problem. Deadlines? Bring 'em!
- Organization is your best friend. You thrive when it comes to keeping projects on pace and documents in order. You've never missed a meeting, and if you did, you gave 24 hours notice with a very valid explanation.
- You're computer savvy. We don't have to explain the inner workings of Google Drive, email etiquette, how to read a spreadsheet, or how to share a Facebook event.
- You're 21 years old or older.
Perks of The Gig:
- You can work from anywhere (in your city), and you set your own hours.
- You’re paid to have fun (most of the time). Most of this job requires maintaining stellar industry connections, and what’s the best way to do that? Be out and about!
- Networking! Not only will you have an awesome network in Denver with The Passport Program HQ office, but as the program grows into other markets, you’ll have friends everywhere.
This is a contract position with performance milestone bonuses and revenue share. And so many free drinks.
To Apply: Are you the perfect fit for this project?