Local Food & Beverage Freelance PR Needed: Multiple Cities
The Passport Program is looking for local individuals (or agencies) to work on a summer long PR campaign to manage local public relations in new cities. The project will last two - five months starting in mid-April. We are currently looking for freelancers in:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Washington. D.C.
- Columbia, MO
- Seattle, Wash.
- Portland, Ore.
- Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Los Angeles, Calif.
This is for local PR only. You must reside in the city you are applying for.
About the Passport Program
Back by popular demand, the Passport Program will return this summer. Tons of your most beloved bars, restaurants, breweries, wineries, and distilleries will combine forces to bring an amazing summer to thousands of engaged city-dwellers.
The concept is simple—a pocket-sized little black book filled with 2-for-1 drink specials all across town, valid from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Passport holders hang on to this book all summer long trying all deals. And, just like your government-issued Passport, bartenders stamp the pages to show where guests ventured.
The Passport Program has been praised by patrons and venues alike. The Program started in Denver in 2013 and expanded to Boulder, Fort Collins, and Brooklyn last summer. Over 10,000 Passports were sold in 2014. We were responsible for over a quarter million drinks last summer.
- 3+ years working in a public relations agency or in-house.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of successful local PR campaigns.
- Experience representing within the food and beverage industry.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Local contacts at every food and beverage blog, magazine, know local influencers, all people that should know about the Passport.
- Must reside in city applying for.
Please send your cover letter, resume with links and writing samples to email@example.com.